Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Deep Link Engine Review

Two days ago I came across a plugin for WordPress called "DeepLink Engine". They owners claim that with this plugin you will increase traffic to any website. How it does it, what I read, was that when you post an article on your site, it automatically searches the content to acquire the best tags. Now from those tags you will get a list of relevant blog url's. If you choose those relevant blog url's, they will automatically be uploaded to your site as "relevant blog articles", which in turn sends out a ping to all those urls that you have link to their site in the hopes that they will link back to your site. Now doesn't that sound like the answer to it all? Sure it does!

From my first experience using Deep Link Engine was how easy it was to install and actually use it. I installed it on my Beachfront Jobs website since it gets quite a lot of action but like always never enough. I've owned Beachfront Jobs for several years now and all I have is 10 relevant articles on it! Can you tell I'm not the ideal blogger? None the less I followed the process of setting up Deep Link Engine on my already published 10 articles. Final result was that I had between 10 to 25 relevant blog urls displayed on each post.

Maybe it's the way the plugin works but with all those pings that are supposed to be pinging, I received a return comment on one of the articles! At this point I'm excited. One comment after 10 minutes, well maybe we're onto something! So I installed on 3 of my other websites and was hoping for the same result but no luck, nada.

Now don't get me wrong here I'm not putting Deep Link Engine down, I"m just reporting to you my experience up to now. Isn't this a review or what? It's only been 2 days since implementation of the plugin so lets give it a chance. Usually I like to test a new plugin for at least 30 days. So we'll give it some time still.

One of the things I noticed right away was the fact that all the page ranks of the relevant blog urls that are automatically returned from the tag search all have a 0 for rank. Maybe it's me but if I have a page rank of example 4, then what would be the advantage of linking to a website with a ranking of 0?

Another thing is that how could adding 10 to 20 "relevant blog" urls to every post on your site be good for page rank? Isn't it better to have the least out going links on a website? Only time will tell us. So for now I'll keep the Deep Link Engine plugin active for the balance of the 30 days and I will report the final results.

Daniel D. Roy
Jetset Web Design

Daniel D. Roy http://www.jetsetjob.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Daniel_D_Roy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsor Links